Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Purplish

ellarug
I'm pretty fond of this photo of Ella, lounging in the girls' recently re-floored (de-floored?) room. While I was in Kelowna last week, Tannis ripped the gross old carpet and underlay, did a bit of sanding of the bare plywood underneath and gave it a simple coat of purple paint. Viola -- a new floor at minimal cost that doesn't collect allergy gunk. It looks great, especially now that we've been getting some sunlight streaming in...and the girls truly adore the ultimate girliness of it.

Update: I wasn't sure if this newer photo of Ella reading in the same spot warranted its own post, so I thought I'd stick it here.

6 comments:

mama pearl said...

Was looking forward to seeing pictures of the floor and it looks great. Only you guys can mix colours like purple, pink, and orange and end up with a classy room. The girls seemed pretty excited about the new look on the phone this week. Ella looks like a little scholar already.

Heather said...

Nice job on the floor Tannis!

Jeremy said...

"Classy" might be a stretch, but "bright and fun", certainly. Yes, they do seem to love it. I'd say they're spending more time in there since the change.

Tannis said...

Thanks Heather, I had a bizarre amount of fun doing it. I think the picture that shows the pink walls is a bit garish - I'd swear the colours aren't that intense. It certainly is bright though and the kids love it so I guess I accomplished my mission.

Tannis said...

Mom you can see it live in a few weeks - the kids will drag you up there first thing whether you like it or not!

Ang said...

i looove that pink. I think i need a pink room too.