Thursday, February 16, 2006

Valentine

I just noticed that Tegan & Sara have a listening page on New Music Canada -- just click Play All for four catchy slices of the pick-me-up soundtrack to my past year.

This reminded me of our mellow Valentine night -- the girls went to bed at a decent time, giving me and Tannis the chance to hang out by the fire listening to T&S, drinking our favourite cheap-o wine (Hawthorne Mountain Vineyards VQA Mountain Select White), munching the Armstrong extra-aged white cheddar we're addicted to right now, and solving most problems of the global and lifestyle types. That just might be the ugliest sentence I've ever written, but there's something so evocative about music, wine and food...helps me place the spot in memory for later on. Of course that exact combination could describe dozens of our evenings this winter...

Ivy also made me the most beautiful valentine -- a four-foot long banner carefully painted with hearts and love notes. They had met Nada and her girls at the bakery for an all-female Valentine's Tea earlier in the day. Ivy reported later that things are just more fun when it's girls-only, then spent at least five minutes backtracking and trying to assure me that I was still great despite being a boy.

Classic quote from Ella this week:
"Hello Ivy! Can I lie down over here and tickle your belly in Toronto?"

4 comments:

Ang said...

I just can't get the songs to work :(
We needa fireplace too, or a fun little woodstove.

Jeremy said...

Ah, shoot. I think NMC Music Player uses dumb RealPlayer...which you might not have.

Try this Webjay list instead -- it lets you choose the player you want. The sound quality isn't great on some...the first few are off the album I was referring to. Hope you like...

And yes, even our cheesy (compared to wood, anyway) gas fireplace brings us much happiness and coziness in winter.

Heather said...

Ya, I wish I had a fireplace too. I'm kinda thinking tonight Ryan and I will have a lazy supper, and then head over to Frank and Jeanne's (as they are away on holidays). There we can lounge in the two-seater jacuzzi tub, and then fire up the fireplace to watch a movie.

Jeremy said...

Sounds divine, Heather. Nice to have a luxury escape two minutes away.