Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dirty Laundry

One of our favourite local summer spots reopens next week: Dirty Laundry Vineyard. I noticed that they finally got their new site up, and it looks great. My only disappointment is that their prices have mostly gone up again, putting their cheapest bottle at $16. Can't really blame them, since their popularity keeps rising (the name change was apparently a huge hit, and their wines have always been excellent) and they sell out earlier every year. I guess it will be more of a special-occasion local destination for us this summer.

5 comments:

Lesa said...

That's a smokin' website. Have never tried this, but would love to have a wee taste.

Tannis said...

The prices don't look so different to me from last year but they do make it hard to justify going as often as we'd like. Then again, as far as entertainment goes it's still a lot cheaper than going to a movie and is way more fun. It's a bonus too that the money goes to locals that we really like. Do they open today?!

Jeremy said...

Maybe I've just become even more of a cheap-ass over the winter. I'd swear they were at least a buck-a-bottle more than last year. Agreed, it's cheaper than some forms of entertainment...and more fun...but still adds up.

Should be open this week, I'd think. We'll have to kick off the season this weekend.

Jeremy said...

Lesa, I was going to point you to the Vancouver shops on their retail list...but really, you pretty much need to drink it on a sunny afternoon on their patio, so consider this your official invitation to come to Summerland this summer.

Tannis said...

I guess they'd be nuts not to raise the price, given that they sold out in fall. Maybe I'm just in denial.