Monday, June 05, 2006

New Digital Camera For Sale

a530
Canon's customer service came through for us bigtime, replacing our old A60 with a brand new A530 that arrived a couple of weeks ago. It would have been nice to know that before we had bought our new one, but what can you do? Anyway, we'd like to sell this one. If you or anyone you know is looking for a nice, small Canon digital, let me know: jhiebert@gmail.com.

It's a 5-megapixel, 4X zoom that takes two AA batteries. It's new, in the box, although we did put the supplied batteries in the camera to see if it worked (it does). I know a couple of people with the A520, one model down in the lineup, and they're really happy with it. A photographer in Penticton gets wonderful results with hers, too. Future Shop has it on for $269, but we'll let this one go for $225 plus shipping if you want me to send it to you.

Update: SOLD, to soon-to-be-Penticton residents, Aunt Lucy and Dave. Jay couldn't resist trying it out.

2 comments:

A. Lucy said...

Hi Jeremy, I've been meaning to send you an email thanking you for the great camera and I kept forgetting. So thanks a million! I love it. I haven't taken too many pictures yet and this weekend when we went camping to the most beautiful remote lake (Tacheeda, a place we'd never been to before in 25 years of living in Prince George), I FORGOT TO TAKE IT!! What a dummy I am. Anyway, I couldn't believe when I went to your blog that you're planning on selling your townhouse. Your Mom hasn't mentioned a word of that. What's up?? We're moving to Penticton so we can be closer to family and then you're going to leave??!! Just kidding - I'm sure there's a good reason for moving - to be closer to your work and the kids Grandma, maybe?

Thanks again for the great deal and hopefully we'll be seeing you soon. Love, A. Lucy

Jeremy said...

Oh, glad to hear you're enjoying it (sorry to hear you're forgetting it, though). They are great little cameras.

We're not planning to move away from Summerland -- we've got a great rental house lined up with a big yard. The townhouse is great, but it seems like a good time to cash out and re-evaluate what we're doing.

Thanks for dropping in!