Saturday, July 01, 2006

Back to March

Seeing Greg's excellent post this morning about their trip out to the Okanagan in March reminded me that I
had promised to add some photos once I got them developed (no digital at that point). So, consider the promise kept.

One thing that strikes me when I look at these photos is how brown and drab everything is. We had such a weird, long spring that seemed to last at least four months. Meanwhile, judging by the stuff we were doing (sitting on the beach), it looks like we were trying to will summer into existence.

It was sunny enough to lounge on the grass in the gardens. We enjoyed many conversations -- lots of rich stuff about lifestyle balance, purpose, friendship and family. They had just returned from a reflective trip to the other side of the world, then spent a week hanging out with good friends in Vancouver, so there was lots of great food for thought.

Greg was loving The Elite. I agree, it is legit. If I remember correctly, I was getting hungry enough to be low-blood-sugar grouchy, but we had a great time. It was tough to send them off from there, knowing that it would be a long time before we'd see them again.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Man, I miss these guys. Greg is so photogenic, it's scary.

Jeremy said...

One of the benefits of growing up with a camera pointed at you all the time like Greg did. I've come to see that the people who are most photogenic are least afraid of the camera. That said, I have some hilarious photos of Greg where his face is contorted beyond the worst Gary Shandling, and he still looks photogenic.