Sunday, July 02, 2006

Here's the Girl I Love So Much

tannis-similkameen
Tannis and I figure we'll celebrate our 10th anniversary properly in the next few months. The official day was yesterday (thanks to sweetheart Esther for remembering and calling), but it was sort of lost in the shuffle of Ivy's birthday celebrations. We had a decent day anyway, spending a chunk of the afternoon at the beach and hanging out with Barb later. Even caught the Penticton fireworks from a distant point last night -- every year they blast those things off for us.

10 years ago, we had only been living in the Okanagan for a few months (still crashing with my parents), we were hoping for sunshine, and 70 of our friends and family were arriving from everywhere....all to see me and my best friend get married. It's really been a fantastic decade. I think often of my brother-in-law Chad's wise, simple advice for marital success: "you've just gotta marry the right person." Well said!

9 comments:

Tannis said...

Yes, well said! It's crazy that it's been that long, I still often feel like we're those young punks just falling in love. Aside from increased responsibilies, early stage wrinkles and a couple of kids...

Thanks for the wonderful decade best friend.

Nicole Caron said...

Your wedding was one of the most fun I've been to, because it was so laid back. Although I was barely 18 at the time and I remember thinking, the day I get married it's gotta have this feeling. Thankfully it did. Happy Anniversary Jer and Tan! Jer, Tan mentioned the "early stage wrinkles" but I'd say she's just as youthful looking as the day you married her - I'd say that's pretty lucky 10 years later!

Jeremy said...

You're welcome, and thank you, Tannisita.

Jeremy said...

Thanks, Nicole. It was fun, wasn't it? We made fun the main goal of the wedding, and I think that's fairly rare. I heard through the family grapevine that your wedding definitely did have that fun, mellow feeling too -- congratulations.

And yes, we do feel lucky!

Heather said...

Happy anniversary you guys! Although I was not "in the loop" ten years ago, and missed the big event, I can tell that you are still deeply in love. It's nice to see! Ten years seems far away for us yet, we're just working up to number three. But all in all, marriage sure is good.

Jeremy said...

Thanks, Heather. It's amazing how the years add up. Like Tannis said, we still feel like young punks most days.

Garth said...

Congrats on your anniversary! We can vouch that ten years flies bye!

Ang said...

Happy 10 years you two. I've told countless people about this beautiful beach wedding I went to a long time ago and how I wish that mine would have been that "simple".

Jeremy said...

Thanks, Ang. Simple was good for us. Your wedding was more festive, more of a spectacle, which was cool for different reasons. We were just looking at photos of the band of merry medieval men skipping (seriously, why were we skipping?) up to the ceremony in full costume. That was fun, too...and kinda surreal.