Saturday, September 16, 2006

Hikers and a Hodgepodge

sisters
Looking back through my Flickr photos, I realized that I missed a bunch at the beginning of September:
  • Ella insisted on wearing her lion costume for a hike up Giant's Head -- one of those times when I was about to freak out and demand that she change into something more appropriate, and then realizing that it made no difference...and look at the wonderful result
  • Smoky sunset from that same hike
  • The moon at full zoom -- I like how you can see the craters around the bottom edge.
  • The Penticton Farmer's Market was so busy that it was hard to get around, but we picked up a bounty anyway...which reminds me that Tannis has been an unbelieveable fruit canning/freezing machine this fall, putting away tons (almost literally) of berries, peaches, cherries and pears for the winter. Yum.
  • Dirty Launtry re-opened on Labour Day weekend to sell off their last bit of Riesling and to start selling a new red for the season. We caught a fantastic jazz trio called Cube while we sipped wine, munched grapes plucked from overhead vines and watched the girls play.
  • Dave and Lucy dropped off their camper-van and took us out for supper at The Gasthaus -- super fun.
  • Ell is learning to catch and throw the football
  • My co-worker and friend Russ loves this artsy shot of some pears captured just before they got stuffed in jars.

2 comments:

Pearl said...

Can't believe that moon shot! And Ella's the very cutest lion I have ever seen. Wasn't it pretty warm hiking in that? At least judging by Ivy's cool sundress, looks like a warm day. Precious girls.

Jeremy said...

Agreed, Pearl...super precious. It was actually a cooler night, so the lion costume wasn't the worst choice of attire, although I had to tuck her tail in a few times. Ivy put on her hoodie shortly after the photo was taken, if I remember correctly.