Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Weekender

tannis-barb
This is our dear friend Barb. She helped deliver both of our daughters at home, and those experiences have connected us to her in a wonderful way. On the weekend, she took us out for a hike around her place, trying out part of the new section of the Mission Creek Greenway that connects Gallagher's Canyon to the older Kelowna sections. We stopped by a favourite swimming hole by a waterfall on the way back.

Earlier in the day, I checked out an urban park area they're developing behind my old office, taking some photos:It was a social weekend again, it seemed. Lorne and the girls were over Friday night, we hit HNIC with the Duecks on Saturday, and broke in the Hildebrands' new hot tub on Sunday, after a supper of Tan's potato-cheese soup. Monday after our hikes, my folks made us supper (and hung out with the girls all afternoon).

4 comments:

Tannis said...

Stellar weekend! It doesn't get much better than that.

Anonymous said...

I really like the barbed wire picture.

Ang said...

Me too, wow, lots of interesting pics there.
Double wow to Tannis for home birthing. If I was even a fraction as brave as you...
Remember when I urged you to get an epidural?

Tannis said...

Bravery? More like control freak and terror of hospitals and what decisions they make for you. Not to mention I never want to go near those "gowns" if I can help it. I do remember being quite warm to the idea of an epidural somewhere in the 8th hour of my first labour but not badly enough to warrant moving my body from it's favoured position. Having a midwife who's also a really good friend was too precious to even seem real.