Earlier in the day, I checked out an urban park area they're developing behind my old office, taking some photos:
- It's been a neglected area in the past, with homeless people taking refuge, and kids decorating with graffiti. Now it's mostly beavers causing trouble back there, chopping down a lot of the trees along Mill Creek and flooding large sections with new dams.
- I spotted a ladybug nestled into this weed, which made for a neat photo.
- It was a grey day, but the reflections in the creek were still interesting.
- Winter berries and a purple plant climbing a cattail.
- And finally, these picturesque plants are actually from a ride earlier in the weekend, on a Rattlesnake Mountain trail, but they don't really warrant their own post: mini-tree, dark on light, gold and blue