- Always great to see Mark and Joel, even if it is a short visit
- Great swim with the girls for most of Saturday morning, then off to Bill's place for lunch
- The Vancouver Aquarium is truly awesome. The girls were in heaven.
- Sam's birthday party was total chaos, but in a good way. It was excellent to connect with Rose again and we stayed late because it was hard to leave.
- Coffee at Re-Entry with Bill and Sam, and checked out the organic grocery where Rose works in the nifty South Main
neighbourhood where she lives.
- Angelo and Esther picked out (and met us at) Cafe Deux Soleils for a fabulous brunch -- too short a visit with dear friends, as always.
- And then home we went, stopping only for gas and ice cream in chilly Princeton.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
fancy shmancy hotel downtown with a year-round outdoor pool -- the hotel ended up being a bit of a disappointment, but maybe our expectations were too high. Anyway, the roads were ok and the kids travelled reasonably well. I took a very small set of mostly bad photos, but I thought I'd keep a few notes of the highlights as well: