Monday, January 08, 2007

Winterbeach

On Saturday morning, we spent a glorious hour wandering around Sunoka in the sunshine. Collected rocks, pretended to fish, watched the birds...I took a set of photos that turned out pretty well, too.

We've had more real winter here this year than any one that I can remember in the past 11 years. Usually we get some snow that sticks around for a week or two, then melts away -- this year it came in November and stayed. I think we've also had more sunshine, which isn't the worst trade-off, but I miss my intermittent winter mountain biking season.

6 comments:

Shane and Nicole said...

OMG, that pic of Tan looking back is a stunner. Love the sparkle one of her and the girls from the back as well. You do nice work Jer!
Nicole

Garth said...

Glad to hear you are experiencing more sunshine but that is pretty amazing your winter is snow-filled! In contrast, back here in MB we've had one of the mildest winters I can remember and we really only got significant snow around New Years. We stopped riding around the 25th of November and yes I am missing it! But I should add this week we have gotten some below -10 temps compared to the +7 high of last week and there is a prediction of -22 on Friday. Brrrr...

Ang said...

*sigh*
my fave = ella fishing

Jeremy said...

Thanks, Nicole. I'm finding that if I take enough photos, there are always a couple of good ones. Sadly, I think my ratio of good ones is going down...

Jeremy said...

Our winters are probably similar this year, Garth. It's been just below zero most of the time...not so bad, but not warm enough to melt everything away. And we've also got a bit of a deep freeze coming through right now too...

Jeremy said...

Ang, I think you picked my favourite too. There's something about the curve of the shoreline, and her cute little pink shape that really makes it special.