Sunday, March 04, 2007

Daddy-Daughter Weekend

Tannis took the bus down to Vancouver for a weekend getaway -- sounded like she had a blast with Bill, Rose, Mark and Esther (in that order, I think). So it was a Daddy-Daughter weekend around here, and we were ambitious (although my hands were apparently too full to take any photos):
  • The Hiebert grandparents kicked off the Daddy-Daughter weekend by taking care of the daughters while the daddy went snowboarding on Friday night, and then we all had a sleepover.
  • Pioneer Market in the morning for spudnuts and fresh bread.
  • We lounged and read in the kids' section at the downtown Kelowna library, an old favourite spot we haven't been to in a while.
  • Checked out the Kelowna Museum, which has a real hodgepodge of disconnected things, but the girls were totally into it.
  • Coffee at the Bean Scene, another old haunt. Surprisingly didn't run into Bean-Scene regular and ex-Rosenorter Malcolm.
  • We walked along the waterfront to the Kelowna Art Gallery, which turned out to be really fun. It's small, and didn't take long to see it all.
  • On the way back to the car, we popped in at the Art Ark, where I would have purchased Meghan Hildebrand's Playground for the Unwilling if I felt rich and could somehow justify the $1700. Yikes!
  • In the evening, back in Summerland, we hit the pool not knowing that it was "Tropical Swim Night" -- total, complete chaos with several hundred kids, games filling the pool deck, cold "rain" showering the overfull hot tub. My worst nightmare, but I toughed it out. Kids had fun, anyway.
  • Breakfast at Lorne and Nada's, house-clean-up in the afternoon, a hike at Hardy Falls, and then picked up Tannis in Westbank. Whirlwind!

2 comments:

Ang said...

So, you went and got yourself an 8,000 camera and just kind of forgot to tell us?
Just had a journey through your flicker and couldn't believe some of the things I saw!

Jeremy said...

Thanks Ang -- I'm lucky to have a supportive fan base of one for my photos.

I did break it to Tan this week that I'm going to start saving for a good digital SLR. Hopefully not $8,000 -- maybe more like $1,200.