Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Honey Honey


Some buzz on the new album from Canadian indie darling Feist, who I paid some attention to in 2004 when Mushaboom was a quirky hit. A friend forked the new songs over a couple of months ago and I gave them a skimming listen, quickly deleting the whole album except one tune. Not that it was terrible -- it's just very mellow and I probably wasn't in the mood or whatever. But the one song I kept is a true masterpiece: Honey Honey (mp3 from a really nice mp3 blog I hadn't seen before). The subtle beauty snuck up on me and sent me scrambling back to listen to the other songs again -- I still haven't warmed up to the whole album, but that song...wow.

4 comments:

Tannis said...

You had me worried about a new Honey there for a second...

Jeremy said...

HA haha...the title and photo could have that effect.

Lesa said...

Jer! I did the exact same thing with my album! This one was a little too close to fromage, especially that blasted duet on there. But I do love her and that instrument she carries around inside her soul; I believe they call it a voicebox. Stunning.

Jeremy said...

Yeah, even that song could be considered a bit over-the-top...but it hooked me hard. I've since discovered that I also like I Feel it All, with its Sarah-Harmer-like vibe. The rest of the album...not so much. Did you find any tunes you liked?