Sunday, June 03, 2007

Visitors


Wonderful visit with Pearl and Mark last week. They tried out the camper and it seems to have passed the test as an external in-law suite. The girls were in their glory, of course, and the weather turned out much nicer than the forecast. We sat and drank coffee a fair bit, and I got to do my own thing while the rest of the crew went out -- went riding and finally did our taxes.

Bill arrived for a quick visit the day Pearl and Mark left. The weather turned hot and we had a fantastic party with some of Bill's crew and our mutual friends. I had the week off, and the heat meant lots of beach time. I also did some stuff around the house, played with princesses, hung around playgrounds and Tannis got some breaks -- she's done magic with the flowers on the yard. Along the way we managed to say good-bye to our old car and replace it with a shiny Honda.

9 comments:

Tannis said...

Crazy week! I can't believe I'm not exhausted. Must have been all that beach lounging and those extra breaks at crucial times.

Nicole & Shane said...

That looks like it was a most excellent week. Love Tan's belly tatoo and the one of Ella in her fairy princess dress is a stunner. And congrats on the new vehicle - it seems like this gearing up thing for baby #3 is in full swing!

Anonymous said...

I remember you buying that Mazda back in '96; moreso I remember the VW somehow putting on the best performance of its career as you actually managed to sell it for something other than scrap metal. Weird memories come back from that time, like wondering why your dad was constantly sweeping the street, and that they lived by the intersection of Friesen and Klassen.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, if you couldn't guess,
Plett

Jeremy said...

ha haha...I did guess it...nobody else remembers the dates of obscure occurences like you do. I you were actually present for the purchase of the 626 if I remember right.

That was a pretty intense transition time for us, having moved across the country, got married, new vehicle, student loans, working at Rayburn's, living with my parents...craziness. Trev was living there too at that time, which was pretty cool. I miss that guy.

Jeremy said...

Thanks, Nicole -- it was an excellent week. Princess Ella was stunning, for sure. If you can believe it, that wasn't a posed shot. Ivy had set up that "throne" for her as part of some imaginary game, and I stumbled across it.

Jeremy said...

Tan, I think we were so mellow about the company because the week in between the weekends was pretty low-key. Some stress about the car, for sure, but other than that...quiet and fun.

Tannis said...

I've had one of Trev's one-liners haunting me this week. The "you don't need a sporty car because you're sporty people". Sadly I have upgraded the vehicle and downgraded the activities...it doesn't feel quite as good.

Jeremy said...

That was an uncharacteristically kind compliment from Trev back then. We're less sporty now for sure, but probably not too bad compared to average people in their 30s with a third kid on the way...
:)