Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Nine Months


So yeah, Baby Hiebert is still lounging inside that impressive belly. Tannis posted a bit about it today, and I went back to see some of her documentation of the progress: eight months, seven months, six months, five months, four months and the tiniest bump visible at three months. Her happy expressions in the photos do reflect a truism: Tannis is really, really good at being pregnant -- she's gracious, fun and doesn't complain about the parts that are less than ideal. I feel lucky to have experienced this three times with her, but not so lucky that I'd want to experience it again. If only kids were three-and-a-half years old when they were born...

13 comments:

bill baker said...

I bet Tannis doesn't wish she is about to give birth to a three and a half year old!

Jeremy said...

True enough. Maybe a newborn-sized post-toddler? Wishful thinking.

Perhaps this time around I'll be all over the baby stage and won't want it to pass as quickly as possible. Probably more wishful thinking.

Tannis said...

In some ways Tannis doesn't wish she was about to give birth at all! Then again, the sooner the better by now so as to avoid the child being born with full facial hair and a deep voice.

Jeremy said...

Assuming some of my genes being present in this new kid, the odds of "full facial hair" at any point is extremely unlikely.

Tannis said...

I bet he'll have lovely, long fingernails but no hair to speak of.

Nicole & Shane said...

Ah nuts, I thought for sure Palmer might have a "cousin" born on the same day as him. Ah well ...

Glad to hear you are both still doing well in these late days of pregnancy! Sounds like you make a great team!

Heather said...

We're eagerly awaiting the news!

Tannis said...

Me too.

Ang said...

you beautiful woman you, geez

Tannis said...

Right back at you Ang, gorgeous woman - both when you were pregnant and now that you're able bodied!

Jeremy said...

...and the photographic proof that Ang was also a hot (and preggo) mama last summer.

Ang said...

I fired up this clunkputer in hopes of finding a crystal-blue-scrunchie-eyed-boy with 3 blondes gently hovering in filtered light pic. But I'll take the compliments, thanks;)
I'm amazed by your optimism T. I think I went into full out mourning during those final days, weeks, months. Total crab.

Tannis said...

Ang, I think my mourning may kick in once the outrageous, firm belly gives way to outrageous skin sags and bags under the eyes. That's why babies are supposed to be cute - nobody even looks at the new mama for a few weeks at least.