Monday, September 10, 2007

Rattlesnake Ride


Angelo and Esther were out this weekend. The purpose of the visit was ostensibly to introduce each other to our dear babies, born a mere four days apart, and I promise to post about that soon enough (although never soon enough for the baby-crazed out there). But of course we went riding and of course I was super stoked.

A few photos of Angelo: kicking up dust, waiting for me yet again, and descending a rocky ridge.

Angelo also took a couple of great shots of me, including one in the classic style of bike magazine, with the singletrack unwinding in both directions and the local scenery providing the backdrop. Also, this one of me leaning into a corner at speed might be the best photo ever taken of me on a bike.

And finally, I experimented with two 40-second videos on the descent, both taken with me riding one-handed so I could hold the camera...so they're not great, but still give you the basic idea. I was following Angelo as best I could through two sections mellow enough to attempt with one hand and limited braking capability. Here they are stitched together with some music added:



5 comments:

Dave said...

Great video Jeremey! That really does look like fun.

Angelo said...

Great to see how those photos and video turned out - representative of the great riding and crisp early-Autumn sunlight (which I suspect was due more credit for the quality of both than any artistic merit you or I possess!) of that morning.

Good times, my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Jeremy ... your old aunt Carol here ... and what does she know ... but I watched that video in amazement and wondered why Hollywood hasn't found you yet. You truly are a genius ... and I may be biased because you are my nephew, but if I hadn't been watching it on a little 4" x 4" I could have imagined myself in an IMAX theatre. Between the amazing photos you take of your family and friends and babies and nature, you might want to rethink the career thing while you still can. My girlfriend Sue gets on your blog, just because I brag about the cute little babies going around and she said the other day that your photos are fabulous!

Garth said...

There is no better riding than fall riding eh? Gotta love the crisp air! I need an escape apparently this week - too much stress after the first few days of teaching again. Great little vid too! Pat picked himself up a helmet cam & vid camera but I have yet to see some of his footage - hopefully soon!

Jeremy said...

Way, way behind on responding to the comments here...

Thanks for the kind words, all. As far as it being Hollywood genius goes...that's pretty funny. So amateur...but fun keepsake for Angelo and I anyway.