Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fall Photos

A few people have taken the lack of posting here as a sign that there's something wrong over here in Summerland, but really, just look at this photo -- our family is enormous and it takes a lot of time to keep it running semi-functionally. That's my excuse for not updating the blog, anyway.

Speaking of that photo, it was the result of a very cool idea our newest Summerland friends had a few weeks ago to meet at Sunoka beach on a perfect fall day and take family photos of each other. Seems like a fair trade, right? It would have been, except that Robin is basically a professional photographer and I...am not. And we used his amazing Nikon and wicked lens for all of them, which could have very bad consequences for my bank account in the next year or so.

Anyway, it was mellow and fun and Robin got about a hundred great photos of us and of course we should print one and send it out in the mail to all of you for Christmas, but we never get it together enough to actually do that. So here are a few just for fun: me and Ezra, Ezra and Tannis, and Ivy grinning.

8 comments:

Angella said...

I LOVE that family shot!

Jeremy said...

Isn't it great? Wish I could take credit for it...but Robin worked some magic there. People often look dumb in photos where they're walking, but this one has such a nice sense of motion and connection.

Heather said...

What a great photo of one great family. Love and miss you guys... hoping to get to hold Ezra before he's too big! :)

Kaili said...

Oh I'm so glad you guys like the photos. I didn't know. It seemed like Robin took a trillion of you guys walking down that path. But with more family members I guess that was good, so he could get a better shot.
Don't kid yourself, we LOVE our photos that you took too!! Robin and I are amazed at your camera, I want a new camera for me. Anyways...

Jeremy said...

Thanks, Heather. Are you going to be in MB over Christmas at all? We'll be around between the 25th and 1st, so you could hold Ezra then...I realize that's usually your Maui time, though.

Jeremy said...

Yeah, we loved the photos, Kaili. Sorry it took so long to post some here, but I'm sure you know how it goes -- I had also hoped that Tannis had e-mailed our thanks, because they're wonderful. A trillion is good, because you know that no matter how many you take, you'll only get a few great ones...maybe that ratio only applies to me, though.

I'd totally recommend the new version of my camera for normal everyday use -- great video, amazing zoom, image stabilization that really seems to work, good photo quality (for a non-SLR). That one is still a bit pricey, though. Might pick one up for under $300 when the Christmas/Boxing Day sales come around...

Heather said...

Jer, we WILL be in MB all winter long! Yes, that's right, Ryan's 27 (or something like that) year stretch of going to Hawaii will be broken. It's my fault, as I put my foot down this year and said it was only fair that the MB grandparents get to have their kids over the Christmas holidays. Anyway, I'm excited that we can get together! I think that may cheer Ryan up also. ;)

Jeremy said...

Can't believe The Plett is skipping that trip for the first time in decades. Unreal. I'll hardly know what to do without my annual bout of Maui-inspired jealousy this year!

See you in the Manibush, then.
:)