I went back through my Flickr photos and dug up a bunch of biking-related shots from the last couple of months:
- This time of year brings brilliant fall sunshine and brooding wintery clouds over the lake. Oddly enough, the sunny days tend to be the cold ones.
- It might seem futile and irrelevant (even Sisyphean) to climb up mountains just to roll back down (video) again, but in addition to the immediate joy, it sets me up to enjoy the rest of my life more.
- One area near town has several herds of wild horses, which make excellent singletrack -- it's always fascinating to watch them for a while and see how the newest ones are doing.
- You have to look closely to see the bear's track beside my tire track, which might have been from this mama bear I saw nearby with a couple of cubs.
- If I'm alert, I come across all kinds of neat stuff. Most times I don't get a photo, but I liked these two unique finds: gopher snake (info here) and purple puffballs.