Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ella's Note


Ivy came home from the dentist yesterday to this sympathy note from Ella, apparently written without outside help. Transcription:

"Ella: Ivy
I hope you feel better
I'm sorry that you dentist appointment
I'm assuming that you will make it through
Love Ivy"


She hasn't quite figured out that you're actually signing your own name at the bottom of a letter...but so cute. Good of her to assume that Ivy would survive the visit -- she's got a way with words, that one.


Aside from filling endless sheets of paper with writing and enjoying the occasional forays outside, Ella's also been drawing and painting a lot these past few weeks. A couple of cool samples:

10 comments:

Nikki and Shane said...

Ok, that made my heart do some serious melting. Priceless ...

Kaili said...

That is all SO sweet! Your children aren't only cute, they are wicked smart and so caring!

Jeremy said...

Thanks to both of you. Of course the times when they're obviously not cute, smart, or caring don't get recorded here. Tannis and I were talking about this last night -- trying to capture one of the moments (probably on video for best impact) when all three kids are having a rager melt-down at the same time. Just for balance if nothing else.

Develo said...

"I'm assuming that you will make it though" - that's legendary.

Jeremy said...

I thought so too...my favourite line, and the main reason I thought this was post-worthy.

Michelle said...

Your children are wonderful. They show so much love and support to eachother. How old are they? They seem so young to write and read so well.

Heather said...

I love that, so cute.

Jeremy said...

Well, their squeaky-clean blog personas are wonderful, anyway.
: )

Nah, of course we think they're wonderful. And mostly they are. Ella's four, and Ivy was an early reader and writer too...slower on some other things, but they're both word geeks like their parents.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, for your posts Jeremy. All cute and we feel in touch. Sounds like your birthday was good. Pearl and Larry

Jeremy said...

Glad you're enjoying the updates, Larry and Pearl. Reminds me that I was going to check your site too...