- Three kids in the backseat could be a really rough scene, but the girls were amazing. Ezra...not so much. He did sleep most of the way home, though. Nice mountainous sights along the way like the view from the ferry and waterfalls.
- Explored the beach and rocks along their waterfront:
- We stayed in the cutest A-frame cottage beside Nakusp Hot Springs. Ezra hadn't ever been in a pool, so he was thrilled with floating around in the warm water. We pretty much had the place to ourselves.
- Nice breakfast in town, then we toodled over to Halcyon Hot Springs for a dip there -- very pleasant and fun.
- Back to Nakusp for an outrageously good lunch at The Middle Earth Cafe, on a smart recommendation from our friend Barb. Even Ezra loved it.
- Picked up Tannis's sweet new bike from the previous owner who met us in town to deliver it. I'll let her tell that story and share photos if she likes...
- Bombed in on my folks on the way back, and Mom whipped up a feast for us. Wonderful, warm ending to a fantastic little getaway.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
small set of photos (slideshow here) that don't really convey the vibe, but we had a great time: