Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wheels on the Bikes Go 'Round and 'Round


Thanks to my folks (yet again), Tannis and I got to go mountain biking together for a change. We used to be great riding buddies in olden times, but in recent years we've depended on the patented "hand-off maneuver" to ensure that one of us gets to go while the other watches the kids...hence, never riding together. But today the new bikes got suitably worked over, the weather was perfect, and we covered enough ground to be plenty tired by the end. Mucho fun.

Mom also brought us an excellent lunch, so we all enjoyed a picnic at the ornamental gardens. The girls explored and pondered, enjoying the blossoms and other signs of spring. Everyone got ice cream at Summerland Sweets later too.

Anyway, here's 30 seconds of Tannis ripping it up with that sweet baby blue Specialized:

10 comments:

Lesa said...

What a cool trail! (And what cool folks you have!)

Tannis is a machine. It would have been curtains for me at the 20sec mark in the video. Gonner. No lie.

Tannis said...

Thanks for the ride, the video and the ice cream - it was all good.

Lesa - Thanks, I'd love to see a clip of you climbing sometime!

Tannis said...

And isn't it cute how well we match? It's like we're 85 and packed in the idea of shopping separately a long time ago.

Jeremy said...

Lesa...agreed, agreed, and...agreed. Thanks for dropping in, and I think Tannis's suggestion is solid -- let's see a little vid of Lesa the bouldering machine.

Jeremy said...

Tannis, I'm not sure if "cute" is what people are thinking...and who would believe that all of those matching items were actually purchased independently at different times? Truth = stranger than fiction.

You're welcome. And thanks for joining me for a change.

Kaili said...

So fun you guys got to go out together on a biking date!
Those trails look crazy. Our dates really vary hey? Haha! We sat on our asses at a coffee shop. Haha!
You guys are so cool!

Jeremy said...

Hey Kaili, I thought your date sounded dreamy. My parents have watched the kids lots of times, and our usual date would be more like yours. Time to relax in quiet is so precious right now...

Michelle said...

It is so refreshing in these modern times to see a man who truly loves and respects his wife. Awesome. And Tannis, holy cow, what an athlete. I went biking with Paul once and lasted 15 minutes.

Heather said...

For some reason the music accompaniment to the video makes me giggle. Yup, still giggling...
Ryan and I have a date night coming up this evening - woohoo! Looks like it will be dinner and a movie for us.

Jeremy said...

Glad you got a laugh, Heather. We giggled watching it with the soundtrack too -- the wildcat "RAOWR!" is hilarious.

Michelle, I've been thinking about your comment for a few days now. All of the guys I hang out with love and respect their wives -- I'm thinking that's a pretty basic standard now, and maybe always has been. At least I hope so.