Monday, August 11, 2008

On Beauty


Lost in the mundane here's-what-we-did-this-weekend blogging I've mostly reverted to lately have been a hundred thousand moments of beauty. I managed to capture a few of them with various cameras (see post below), and for those of you who appreciate beauty in flowers and weeds and the skies, there might be some gems here. For me, recognizing and recording beauty is a way to train myself to be thankful. And I just like it for its own sake.Update: How rude of me to make everyone click into individual photos...here's the set and the slideshow. I thought this video was gorgeous too -- not mine, but it gave me goosebumps:


Tell me this isn't beautiful.
Originally uploaded by .schill

4 comments:

Tannis said...

Thank you for capturing the beauty of the garden this year - I'm so pleased with the way it turned out. I love the morning glory swirls, they make me especially happy for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Jer, you have an amazing eye for the beauty of creation out there, and capturing it with your camera. Totally intrigued with a few of them. Pearl

Jeremy said...

You're welcome...and thank you.

Michelle said...

I clicked on them all anyway. And you are a gifted photographer.