One link I have not yet added came out of a recent Facebook connection: Her Royal One-Eyed Madgesty sits up in the branches of the venerable Reimer family tree, two generations up from my dear Great-Aunt Helen, the benevolent and hilarious matriarch. Fearless Madge is putting Marj's sweet old Nikon to incredibly good use, firing through film and developing her unique (and retro-cool) photographic style. The writing is great too -- personal without the narcissism, warmth and authenticity shining through. I don't remember being that self-aware and creative in my early 20s...oh, that would be because I wasn't.
A few other bits from friends that stood out recently:
- Ang had a birthday and doesn't post often any more, so it was a treat to see some photos of her and the kiddies.
- My friend Andrew posted photos of his trip to the Maritimes to Flickr -- great stuff; makes me want to go there.
- Esther's new job lets her operate legitimate heavy equipment for fun. We're still hoping for photographic evidence (Update: evidence provided). I've been liking the tone of her other posts lately too -- she doesn't write often, but I appreciate the thoughtful reflections on an intense stage of life.
- My cuz Nicole is a regular poster, so it's hard to pull out one post to link to -- she's got a great writing tone and more good photos showing up lately. I like the new mix-tape header.
- Summerlander Kaili updated her template and busted out a great monster post last week about their life in our little town.
- Chris listed the best advice for dealing with an uncertain world last week. Smart, inspiring, and unconventional stuff.
- Tannis gave her blog a sweet facelift, and although she was four months behind on this one, she finally posted about her work life.
- Cuz Jay hasn't been posting this summer, but his photography site is kick-ass.