- Finished another YA novel that I loved: Belle Prater's Boy ...took a little while to get into it, but so worth the effort.
- Also read a grown-up book: Running With Scissors: A Memoir by Augusten Burroughs. I picked it up for a superficial reason -- vague association with Tegan and Sara -- and it was sort of painful to read, but compelling enough to keep going anyway. If nothing else, an exercise in thankfulness because his childhood was so messed.
- Thanks to Vicki, we got fantastic tickets to see Nine Inch Nails, playing in Kelowna in December...I've been a fan forever and never seen them, so it was overdue. Sounds like cousin Richard should be flying out to join me, Andrew and Robin for the experience.
- Finally watched The Story of Stuff online, long ago recommended by The Log Driver -- only 20 minutes, and not exactly uplifting...but important.
- Finished reading The Dragon of Lonely Island with the girls -- we had read it before with good success and they loved it again.
- I've been listening to old Metallica again and may even pick up the new Rick Rubin-produced album.
- We've been going through old art books I had with collections of prints, pulling out classic paintings to discuss and use them as inspiration for drawing our own pictures. I got to play art teacher, and even did some learning myself.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Media entering my brain these days: