Thursday, November 13, 2008

Site Update


After five and a half years of this site looking the same, I switched it up a bit. The obvious change is the graphic header and background, which I hope to change more regularly with pieces of interesting photos. I was plenty tired of "headspacej", which never really made much sense in the first place, so I thought I'd leave it free of words up there for a while.

The other main change is that I've overhauled the links in the sidebar, including many of the sites that I read regularly in all of my interest areas. In addition to the usual friends and local stuff, I've got links for kid's books, mountain biking, music, hockey, general brain food, and learning. As part of this, I've decided to officially archive my other blogs (haven't been updating them anyway) and simply include items here as they come up, even if they won't necessarily interest the people who come for photos of the kids. I want it to reflect a broader range of what I've been thinking about. That said, I haven't seemed to have time to update those other sites in a while, so there may not be much change in the content here.


And thanks also, as always, to those of you who comment, send notes and talk to me about stuff that shows up here. I do it for myself, and to create a record of our family's life...but it's a very nice bonus that it connects us with many of you. Please keep in touch.

6 comments:

reddirtroad said...

Looks good!

Jeremy said...

Thanks! Not too austere?

Dave said...

Hey Jeremy

Hard to believe it has been 5 and 1/2 years already. Time is certainly flying past.

I also decided to overhaul my blog, and piece it back together from archives on the web (got about 70%), painful experience, but worth it I think. http://archive.org is a wonderful, if slightly scary resource.

Cheers.

Jeremy said...

The time really does fly, doesn't it? It's already been years since you guys were out here!

Had you deleted past blogs entirely? I've mostly kept my old writing around so I haven't had to rebuild anything...that must have been a hassle. Anyway, the new blog looks great -- sounds like you're busy. Cheers!

Elizabeth said...

Looks smart! Likin' it!
Too bad I keep deleting mine. I'll start my third one soon...

Jeremy said...

Thank you, Elizabeth. I was sad to remove the dead Log Driver link from the list. A new blog in the works? Do tell...