- Skating at Myron's rink with the girls this afternoon.
- Practicing violin and learning a new song (working hard on the three Minuets in the first Suzuki book)...and having ordered a new violin as an early birthday present for myself. Amazing buying experience from Fiddleheads -- more on that later when I get playing with the new toy.
- Fresh, cold Fuji apples from Billy's place. Ambrosias too.
- The possibility of going for beers at the Perch tonight with Andrew (which did happen, and was excellent...so nice to have a pub buddy).
- Hockey Night in Canada on the laptop in the kitchen, with a Holsten Maibock for company while...
- ...cooking up a very nice tomato sauce using zucchini, Roma tomatoes, chard and basil from our garden (frozen)...yum.
- Amazing kids' book blogger Tanya reviewed Savvy, a book we all loved around here (especially Ivy)...and the author of the book, Ingrid Law, chimed in with a wonderful comment on the post that had Ivy beaming later that night.
- A great date with Tannis when my parents took all three kids off our hands this afternoon -- we hit a The Hooded Merganser, then our favorite used book store and spent $50 in a happy hour of browsing.
Question: Do these icicles and dead flowers have anything to do with this post, or anything else for that matter?
Answer: No. No they do not.
More here: ice teeth, tubes of glass, and a perfect sculpture.