Saturday, February 07, 2009

Ice is Nice


I've mentioned Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast before -- it's a fantastic blog about kids' books, specializing in interviewing amazing authors and illustrators. The hosts, Jules and Eisha have a cool thing going over there, and every Sunday they host "7 Kicks" where they share seven things they're thankful for that week. Then their legions of loyal readers chime in with their seven things and everyone pretty much swims in thankfulness. Anyway, although I would love to be an author and/or illustrator, I'm not. But they asked me if they could decorate this week's 7-Kicks with my photos. I said yes, which resulted in: 7-Imp’s 7 Kicks #101: Featuring Jeremy Hiebert.

It turned out pretty cool. Although I'm used to having my photos online, I've never had them displayed like that before, as a sort of virtual gallery hosted by someone else. Almost like capital-A art. People there were very kind, giving me a buzz that lasted all day.

Update: I also keep adding to the ice set that those photos were drawn from.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Dude...you could really do something with that set of photos...maybe a little exhibitioin, or even cooler, see if you can make a mini-coffee table book through lulu.com or something. These are TOP RATE images.

Andrew said...

I agree with Chris - fantastic work. I've used one your ice photos as my desktop background.

Jeremy said...

Thank you both. This set has been the first one that has had me thinking of my photos as art to be shared for beauty's sake. Perhaps it could be a neat little self-published project.

Little Willow said...

Very nice, indeed! Thank you for sharing. :)

Chris said...

I stumbled upon a jh.ca website that looks ready to accept art prints...

:-)

Jules at 7-Imp said...

It all came out so fabulous. Woot!

Jeremy said...

Thanks again, Jules. Your comments have had me trying to get more inside the ice again like those two you liked so much. Here are a couple of new ones: tendrils and jewels.