Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Discussion

I'll have more to say about the Pletts' visit, with a bunch of photos to post, but I thought this one deserved immediate attention. After a very nice supper at Myron and Tracey's, Plett launched into a short diatribe about small-town religious hypocrisy, and sat back with this smug grin to watch the fireworks of the ensuing discussion. Then about 20 minutes in, he made fun of everyone for breaking the cardinal rule of never talking about religion or politics at parties.

8 comments:

Heather said...

LOL! At least in this particular arrangement of photos it looks like Myron is at least partially digesting my obvious "I'm so good" rant.

Jeremy said...

I hoped you'd get a kick out of this one, Heather. He's skeptical, perhaps, but respectful...and at least listening.
:)

Tannis said...

I love this scene. Funny how all the beer bottles ended up in Plett's photo and he's the only one smiling.

Heather said...

It truly is a great scene - I loved the discussion. The photo is somewhat embarassing, but I've always been very "animated".

Jeremy said...

I don't think it should be embarrassing -- it looks like you're making a valid point! I reeeeally liked this triptych -- my photos don't usually convey emotion like this.

The Squirrel Hunter said...

I've got nothing to say about it.

Okay, that's not true. My point was valid within the context of the conversation. The obvious aftermath is why polarizing topics like politics and religion are supposed to be taboo at social events. My bad. Heehee.
plett

Ang said...

We got a good laugh too. Oh Heath, what a great sport.

Jeremy said...

Plett, I'm glad you added that giggle at the end to reveal your true motivation. I'm used to Myron being the pot-stirrer, but this was a little out of character for you.

Ang, glad you appreciated it too -- I think anyone who knows these characters would enjoy it. And yes, Heather is an excellent sport.