Thursday, March 19, 2009

This Is The Thing

Fink - This Is The Thing -- my musical enchantment this week. The simple chord progressions and harmonized humming get me every time, and the lyrics keep sticking in my head:
and the things that keep us apart
keep me alive
the things that keep me alive
keep me alone
...this is the thing


The rest of the album sounds great too...worth checking out. My current playlist of choice mixes my favourite 6-8 songs from Fink, The National, Frightened Rabbit, a handful of Coldplay and a new band (to me, anyway) called Fanfarlo (video here). Nothing edgy in there...could rightly be criticized as being too mainstream and overproduced, maybe even "easy listening"...shudder. But it's one of those lists where I never feel tempted to skip anything, which is rare for me in a 30-song list.

4 comments:

Jules at 7-Imp said...

Ooh, thanks. I like that, too, and I always like, as you know, new music tips (seeing as how I listen to the same five musicians over and over).

That humming...you're right.

Jeremy said...

Cool...glad you liked it, Jules.

Garth said...

Nice find Jer - how did you find Fink?

Jeremy said...

Someone on Flickr had a slideshow of some neat abstract photos (sorry, can't find the link now) and suggested that song as accompaniment for it. I was skeptical, but it really hooked me.