Monday, May 04, 2009

Bloomin'

A creature of habit, yes -- I was back on the bike on Saturday morning, pointing the camera at every orchard and beautiful blooming blossom within five miles. The weather was stellar this weekend, mostly calm and warm. On Sunday we hung out with my folks, had a brunch date at the Cellar Door, and worked on getting the yard ship-shape -- cleaned out all the flower beds and added compost, planted a few of the things we bought at the ornamental gardens, and watered everything properly for the first time.

ezra-yard

blossoms-lake

buffalo-walk-trail

orchards-zigzag

7 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm just loving the Balsam root flowers right now. They're amazing!

Jeremy said...

Aren't they wonderful? A bit later this year than usual, but they don't seem to mind this dry spring.

Anonymous said...

yes, they're beautiful. also, the trees are so green out there compared to the still leafless trees here. we've had sun though. sounds like a productive weekend. pearl

Tannis said...

I love blossoms-lake...I'm thinking poster potential. If I could paint properly I'd try to reproduce that in some way. A wildly abstract version might not have the same effect.

Jeremy said...

I'll have to fix up "blossoms-lake" if we make a poster...the dust on the sensor left ugly dots in the blue background.

Bill said...

Woah Ezra looks a lot like old-skool Ella in that picture.

Jeremy said...

Yeah, sometimes I think he looks more like Ivy did at this age, but occasionally he's oldskool Ella all the way.