Friday, July 10, 2009

Road Trippin'

While Ezra and Tannis flew both ways, this trip was a full-on, legit road trip for me and the girls. They were excellent traveling companions, fueled by junk food, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on CD, mp3 players and hotel pools. I kept entertained by soaking in the landscape as it crawled by. On the way back, we joined Bill in Regina, a city I have long reviled (but had to admit seemed pretty cool this time). We stayed in Swift Current and shared one of the worst microbrews I have ever encountered (but which yielded a favourite photo).

dinosaur-museum
The next day we hit the dinosaur museum in Drumheller, which was even better than I had remembered it. We were all a bit tired and strung out from the driving, but it seemed to be a hit with the kids. We stayed at a nice place in Canmore that night, then zoomed home the next day with quick stops to develop a strong hatred for Revelstoke and experience the dumpy tourist hole otherwise known as The Enchanted Forest. And then home sweet home, where my parents had kept our garden thriving and cleaned the house! Talk about a sweet welcome.

girls-enchanted-forest

No comments: