- Cherries. We got to go picking first thing this morning, and he was in his glory, both with the eating and pulling of the wagon. Letting him make an enormous mess was his first present of the day, obviously appreciated (see below). Tannis canned 14 quarts, and we'll freeze at least 20 pounds, so we should be ok on this front well into winter.
- Diggers. Whenever we pass an earth-mover of any kind, he loudly and repeatedly announces it, often with the colour and size attached: "DIGGER! Small, red digger. TWO SMALL RED DIGGERS!"
- His sisters. He so obviously adores them, and they've been pretty good buddies for him overall.
- Grandpas and Grandmas. He was old enough in Manitoba to really get how cool his Friesen g-parents are, and loves hanging out with my folks.
- The beach. It's been so hot for so long, that he's probably in danger of getting thoroughly sick of sand and water, but so far so good. We'd be happier if he developed a healthy fear of the water right now, as he'll march in until it's over his head.
- Ni-ni. Another soother baby, although hopefully for not much longer.
- Airplanes. He seems to have amazing radar for them right now, noticing them long before I can see or hear them. Infinitely fascinated.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Happy Birthday Ezra Milagro
terribly two for months already, his real spirit is emerging right now, and it's a good one. Challenging, keen and fun. A few things he particularly loves: