- Ivy's teacher's band invited her to play with them at the Naramata Faire a couple of weekends ago, and it was a real thrill for her. This first clip is a bit of Maggie in the Woods.
- Playing duets with Grandma -- my fault for not tuning the violin before this session, but they make really nice sounds together.
- At the Children's Festival, Ivy and the Fiddlekidz played for the local Irish Dancers. It was pretty cool for her provide the music for some of her dancing friends.
- At her end-of-year recital in an old church in Penticton, she played Clare Jig. Playing it slower than usual, and for the first time with piano accompaniment was a bit weird for her, but she played well and I think it was a good experience.
- Morrison's Jig at the Naramata Faire, which is a fast, difficult tune, but she rocked!
All of this from a kid who hadn't ever touched a violin before last fall -- we're very proud of how hard she's worked at it. Here are a few recent photos of IJ too: