Monday, December 21, 2009

Solstice Ride

trees-fog-zen
What a gift to be able ride up high on the shortest day of the year, celebrating the start of winter by spinning pedals. I relished my solitude today after several days of single parenthood -- my parents picked up the kids at noon, setting me free to do as I pleased. I rekindled my love affair with my violin (nearly sold it!), ate well, and played with photos, but what pleased me most was two hours in the woods; getting dirty and tired and very happy. 47 seconds of it to help me remember in a week or two when these trails are under a foot of snow:

4 comments:

Dianne said...

I love the music. Your own composition? You playing? It makes me sad for the end of fall.

Jeremy said...

I'm currently entranced by that piece of music, but no...if I can compose and/or play something that nice in 10 years, it would be a victory. Here's a bit more of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifruyCLcqmw

Jeannette said...

I love all of your photo's - I think they are beautiful! YOu have a great eye and I love the macro shots
Formerly resided in Kelowna and now in Calgary-
Jeannette

Jeremy said...

Thanks Jeannette! Is this the same Jeannette I met long ago, a friend of Cassandra's?