Friday, January 22, 2010

CBC Interview

For anyone who isn't entirely sick of hearing me talk about this gallery show, the CBC North By Northwest interview was aired Saturday morning on CBC Radio One (in BC). The archived show (11MB MP3) is also available online -- my bit starts at 15:52 and runs through to the end at 23:31.

I think it went pretty well. Thankfully they edited out some of my umms and uhhs, and I thought the part with me reading from the book intro sounded ok. Thanks to those of you who called and wrote with encouragement!

For anybody arriving here looking for the ice photos, here are the pertinent links:ice-tick

ice-king-of-bubbles

8 comments:

tfoxfan said...

Congratulations on your show and cbc interview, Jer. I was impressed and proud to hear you on the radio. I was also VERY happy that buddy explained the link faux pas.

What you have accomplished in this art effort is following something inside of you that even though it may have felt less important or succinct to others, you explored it nevertheless. And guess what, it connects for you and others. Discovery and action synchronized, and hey... what a feat as a 3 kid dad, force momentum. Kudos and cheers, too.

Jeremy said...

Esther, hearing the segment this morning was pretty cool, but your kind comment made my day. Thank you.

Kaili said...

So cool! Loved listening to that interview. I know I give you a hard time about being obsessed with taking ice photos, but it's all in good fun and we can't wait to attend on Thurs.!
Congrats on this! SUPER cool!

Jeremy said...

ha! I'd be concerned if nobody was ribbing me at least a little bit. Thanks for the kind words -- looking forward to seeing you guys there too.

Michelle said...

Wow Jeremy! You are famous. Wonderful book. I was interested to hear your voice on the podcast and it suits you! Imagine that.

Jeremy said...

Thanks, Michelle. Much appreciated.

Mark said...

you sounded great!

i am sorry that i'm not a short drive away to make your opening. all the best.

Jeremy said...

Thanks, Mark. Tannis and were just saying how nice it would be if you could bomb up here from Vancouver. Not that we're begrudging your adventure...
:)