Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Hairy Potters

hands-of-a-maker
I suppose nearly everyone who checks this space also visits Tannis's blog occasionally, but if not, she's got a great post on our family pottery session on the weekend: Mud Madness.

She was an excellent teacher, and we all started to figure out why she's been so passionate about working with clay. It's so tactile and tangible. Ezra loved the motion and feel of the stuff spinning on the wheel, and the girls even got serviceable bowls out of their efforts. My result was a shapeless, sloppy lump -- it's not easy, but I guess you gotta start somewhere.

Apologies for the terrible title pun.

tannis-ivy-pottery-wheel

ivy-tannis-pottery

ezra-pottery-wheel

6 comments:

Heather said...

That looks SO fun!!!

Jeremy said...

It was. Everyone should give it a try at some point.

Mellowdee said...

I've always wanted to try doing pottery. I'm sure Tannis makes it look much easier than it really is.

Jeremy said...

I bet you'd love it, Mel. Very tangible and earthy, yet delicate and artsy. Not difficult to play around, but not easy to get really good at...

Michelle said...

Jeremy, it is so refreshing to see a man who so obviously loves and supports his wife. Fantastic!

Jeremy said...

Well, I hope I'm in the majority on that front, Michelle.
:)