Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Filmish

I got a roll of film developed a couple of weeks ago and added to my set of film photos taken with my beloved old Minolta. I'm embarrassed to note that the first photo showed Ella on our skating loop from two winters ago, which means I have been sadly neglecting the film kit. My first impression was that the developing sucked, but as I look at them more, they're growing on me. This happens every time because my expectations are always too high when I'm waiting to get photos back, leading to initial disappointment and then a slow realization that there is something special about them after all.

sisters
This one was a very happy addition to the sisters set -- I hope these two can always appreciate their great luck in having each other. Of course most of the shots I liked best were taken with Pappy's old 16mm fisheye lens, including another one of Tannis teaching Ivy to use the wheel in our recent clay session. I'm not sure it's any better than the ones I took with my other camera, but I love the print.

ezra-train-table

ezra-window

No comments: