In the last few weeks, I've composed two short pieces for string quartet, and have three more in various states of disrepair. Here are the two that are furthest along:
- 31 Knots (mp3), which started as my viola recital piece last summer, and ended up turning out much mellower and more melodic than I had expected once the other three parts were added.
- Geometric (mp3), my first attempt at trying to write a quartet from scratch. It definitely has some bugs to work out, but I feel like the guts of it are very close. I also attempted to create the sheet music, which is still in flux.
- Geometric -- mp3 and score
- 31 Knots -- mp3 and score
- Vienna -- mp3 (two violins) and score...this was my recital duet, with viola and cello parts added.
- Cousins -- mp3 and score...I'm actually pretty excited about this one; a simple fiddle tune I wrote after a few months of playing violin, with a happier major-key vibe than most of what I've been working on.