Sunday, May 01, 2011

Welcome Warmth

Here's something we haven't seen too much of through April. It's been a long, cool, slow spring this year, with little hints of warmth that seem to disappear as quickly as they arrive. Not that it's been rotten weather, just lacking those days in early April where shoots up over 20 and we go sit at the beach imagining song summer days. I guess I shouldn't complain, as it's been perfect riding weather and the trails are in prime shape. I tromped all over Conkle Mountain scouting and buffing trails yesterday -- stoked that it's coming together as a legit riding area close to town.

In other news, I've been experimenting with photo manipulation, taking my pictures and mirroring sections of them to create interesting patterns and illusions. It's been fun, but I doubt it's something I'll stick with for long...although there may be potential, the set is growing.



red-gold-grasses

dream-island

grass-layout

orchard-portals

green-grass-print

4 comments:

Pearl said...

Lovely designs you came up with. BTW, did you ever own a kaleidiscope as a kid? Some of these take me back to it.

Jeremy said...

Sorry I missed this comment, Pearl. I don't think I ever had one, but I recognize the kaleidoscopic effect of some of these. Glad you're enjoying these experiments too.

Mike said...

Some of these designs remind me of the parts in the movies where they have the psychiatrist showing the person weird shape like art and asking them what it looks like.

Jeremy said...

Yeah, I think those Rorschach ink blots are usually mirrored along a vertical axis.