darker, more intense edge to her personality. Not that's it's necessarily negative -- although it can include anxiety and melancholy, it also shows itself in ambition and focus, maybe even enhanced creativity.
evil genius shown here. A few more:
- Monster at the bed...no wonder she has trouble sleeping sometimes.
- Two fun male characters from a cartooning book.
- An angry old guy with a newspaper, probably a vision of my future.
- A mean girl, complete with speech bubble accusing the cat of misdeeds.
- Funky owl -- I believe this one was just made up, not out of a book.
- Backpack girl, showing some serious flair.
back into gymnastics after a break. She's back to cartwheeling as transportation, and she seems stronger and more confident. She was flying on her skates this winter, and thrived as we switched to riding bikes. It's fun to see her so busy and confident -- will be great to get her back in the lake as things warm up a bit (my first swim is usually in May...this year, late June!).
Socially, it's been harder for her to plug in with friends. She spends a lot of time with her siblings, which is great, but we'll have to get her together with her buddies more often this summer. Oh, and she loves her new room too. A remarkable kid, this one...few more pics: